India International Convention and Expo Center
- This center, built in New Delhi’s Dwarka Sector-25, will be the world-class Exhibition cum Convention Center, with facilities like financial, guest and retail services.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 25,700 crores.
- This project is being implemented by 100% government company, India International Convention and Exhibition Center, established by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
Department of industrial policy and promotion
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion was established in 1995 and was reconstituted in 2000 with the merger of Industrial Development Department.
The significance of PMJAY
- PMJAY has to be seen in the context of existing health conditions and health service delivery systems in India.
- PMJAY will provide insurance up to Rs. 500,000 per family per year for in-patient secondary and tertiary treatment.
- It will cover over 100 million vulnerable families, which is about 500 million people, the poorest 40% of India’s population.
- A list of 1,350 procedures across 23 specializations, including pre- and post-hospitalisation, diagnostics, and medicines, has been prepared along with their rates for the scheme.
- A cadre of frontline health service professionals called Pradhan Mantri Aarogya Mitras (PMAMs) are being trained to facilitate provision of treatment to beneficiaries at hospitals.
In the tribal hearland of Adilabad, Muharram is a part of Adivasi ethos
How and from where it come?
- The influence of the non-tribal culture has apparently come to the tribal heartland of Adilabad during the rule of the Nizam of Hyderabad.
- Muharram was a State festival then and it is generally believed that it has evolved into a tribal event over the years incorporating some of the religious methods of the ethnic people.
Similarity and Difference from another event
The assimilation of culture of the aboriginal Raj Gond, Pardhan or Andh tribes is what makes Adivasi Muharram different from the Shia event but makes it somewhat similar to the one which is observed by Hindus in North Telangana.
Sex offenders’ registry launched
It include date of, from
- The database is for those convicted of sexual offences 2005 onwards
- It includes name, address, photograph and fingerprint details of the convict.
- Currently, the database does not have the records of Juvenile offenders, they are likely to be included in the registry at a later stage.
- Union Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi expressed concern over sexual assaults in children’s shelter homes and increasing incidents of NRI grooms abandoning their brides.
- The Minister asked the police force to keep a close watch on such crimes and the arrest of culprits.
- She also raised the issue of States not responding to a letter sent by her ministry for procurement of specially-designed forensic kits that would help in tamper-proof collection of evidence leading to better conviction in such crimes.
- As many as 79 lakh rape kits were in the process of procurement and distribution across the country.
- A Home Ministry statement said the database would not compromise any individual’s privacy.
- India became the ninth country in the world to have a National Database on Sexual Offenders (NDSO), accessible only to law enforcement agencies for the purpose of investigation and monitoring.
- The proposal to set up a registry was mooted by the UPA government after the 2012 Nirbhaya gangrape case in New Delhi.
Science and Technology
Airways cabin pressure drop: Passenger were feeling suffocated
NASA balloon mission
- NASA has launched balloon mission that may lead to improved weather forecasting.
- The NASA long-duration balloon mission will observe clouds over the course of five days in the mesosphere.
- The images of a thin group of seasonal electric blue clouds on the cusp of our atmosphere captured by a new NASA balloon mission may lead to improved weather forecasting.
- Data from these clouds, known as noctilucent clouds or polar mesospheric clouds (PMCs), may help scientists better understand turbulence in the atmosphere, as well as in oceans, lakes and other planetary atmospheres.
- The missile is equipped with state-of-the-art navigation, guidance and electromechanical actuation systems with advanced on board computer.
- It is a quick-reaction, all-weather, all-terrain, highly accurate battlefield support tactical weapon system.
- Various tracking radars as well as electro-optic equipment were engaged to track and monitor the missiles trajectory.