Current Affair of 08 April 2018, Exam View.
Chhattisgarh awarded ‘State of the Year’
Chhattisgarh on Friday bagged the ‘State of the Year’ Award under the ‘business leader’ category as part of the India Business Leadership for the remarkable increase in business and services activities in various sectors.
Chhattisgarh has been ranked 4th in World Bank’s list of ‘Ease of doing Busines’
The industrial growth rate of the state is constantly more than the national growth rate. The priority is on core sector, non-core sector and sunrise sector. The state has 24 hours best quality power supply and better rail, road and air connectivity
Static GK of Chhattisgarh
- State Animal: Wild water buffalo
- State Tree: Sal tree
- Chhattisgarh known for its temples and waterfalls.
“Gram Swaraj Abhiyan” on Ambedkar Jayanti
The Prime Minister has announced that on the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanti a “Gram Swaraj Abhiyan” would be organised starting from 14th April to 5th May 2018. This Abhiyan is being undertaken for reaching out to poor households, spreading awareness about government welfare schemes and other people-centric initiatives.
Govt of India Also celebrate 192nd birth anniversary of Mahatma Jyothiba Phule on 11th April 2018.
As a special initiative during the Gram Swaraj Abhiyan, universal coverage under seven welfare programmes including Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in 21058 identified villages with a large number of underprivileged households across the country has been contemplated. Highest importance is given to saturate these villages with the benefits of seven welfare programmes.
‘Gobardhan Yojana’ Launched to Support Farmers
The Haryana government has launched the ‘Gobar-dhan Yojana’, for managing and converting cattle dung into manure and biogas.
A provision of Rs. 11 crore has been made to provide benefits of various projects under this scheme, Mr. Khattar(CM of Haryana) said while addressing villagers at a ‘Kisan Samman Samaroh’ in Nizampur village of Sonipat district. He also distributed ‘Fasal Bima Yojana’ cheques to farmers at the event.
CWG 2018: Manu Bhaker Claims 10m Pistol Gold
India’s teen shooting sensation Manu Bhaker grabbed the women’s 10m air pistol gold medal by shattering the games record while Heena Sidhu staged a stirring comeback to bag silver at the 21st Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast on Sunday.
Bhaker was the overwhelming favourite to win the event, having bagged multiple gold medals at the 2018 ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico and the subsequent Junior World Cup in Sydney.
Sathish Sivalingam won Gold medal at CWG 2018
Sathish finished with a total effort of 317 kg (144kg snatch+173kg clean and jerk) to bring India’s third gold medal at 2018 CWG
India continued to go strong at the Commonwealth Games 2018 weightlifting events with Sathish Kumar Sivalingam bringing the country its third gold medal, in the men’s 77-kg category and extending India’s medal tally to five. He finished with a total effort of 317 kg (144kg snatch+173kg clean and jerk). Such was his domination that Sathish did not even require a third attempt at clean and jerk.
World Health Day observed on 7th April
- World Health Day is celebrated every year on 7 April under the leadership of World Health Organization (WHO) to create global health awareness.
- This day also marks the establishment of WHO.
- The celebration focuses on increasing the life expectancy of people by promoting healthier living habits.
- The 2018 theme is ‘Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere’.
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC) refers to the providing of essential healthcare services to a person while ensuring that the use of these does not expose the user to financial distress.
- The day is one of the nine official global health campaigns marked by WHO.
- The last year’s theme was ‘Depression: Let’s Talk’.
- Around 100 million people are still being pushed into poverty because they have to pay for health care.
- WHO also observes World Antibiotics Awareness Week in November.